Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalms 119:105 NIV

I love the vividness of this verse! It has taken me far too long to learn put my trust in the Lord and not in my ability to affect a situation or overcome an obstacle. I’m naturally wired to be a problem-solver, and when I rely on myself to resolve something, I am usually left with a sense of regret. And, I can directly point to specific instances in life where I put it out there to God and He took care of it. Sure enough, something occurred, a favor was granted or a decision came easily and assuredly. It’s funny, because every time, I find myself amazed and in awe of Him! And yet, I still slip into the old ways of trying to “make a change” on my own.
When I trust in him, he shows me the way. Even when I don’t even see it. This has been true for me and now, it’s exceptionally clear for my husband. Several months ago, he was laid off from his sales job. After his severance ran out, God provided with a bonus from my company. And then, he provided an income tax return. Soon, we knew we’d be fine for at least six more months. What a blessing! And, in this time, the Lord started opening up doors for Steve (my husband). A former professional baseball player, Steve is incredibly gifted at coaching and teaching the game. With people practically materializing in front of him telling him he should make a career of coaching, it was becoming very obvious that God had a plan. Then, we were given the opportunity to have a very heartfelt conversation about the situation. I’ve always known in my heart that this is what God wants for him. So, we talked about his path and the Lord lighting the way for him, like the verse. In the span of under 48 hours, he saw it, too. It was really a miracle.
Now, a couple months later, he’s growing his business – he now has almost 20 clients when he started with about 4. He’s got great people around him, supporting, encouraging and sharing wisdom. He’s looking down the road at other related opportunities that will grow the business even more, and more importantly, impact the lives of young ball players in a very positive manner. It’s simply amazing.
We have both learned a lot through this about trusting the Lord and looking for the light on the path. He’s faithful and true – and has shown us the next step, time and time again, in His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment