Wednesday, June 6, 2012

“Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, LORD.” Psalm 89:15


Note: This is a re-post from a blog I wrote back in 2010. Lately, I've been challenged and feeling a bit like I have nothing to say. Today in devotional time, I was reminded that my job is to seek Him and I will find Him. So, on my morning run, I tried to take in the very essence of the creation He designed. Wind blowing. Birds chirping, Leaves fluttering. Sun shining. Mountains elegantly off in the distance. It WAS a song of His glory. So, when I got back, I thought I'd peek through some of the lessons He has taught me and this one stirred my heart. I pray you are blessed.
___________________________________________________

Every morning I take three of our dogs outside. They love it. They run, play, wrestle and chase until I spoil it by putting one of them, Macy, in the indoor/outdoor kennel. That sounds much easier than it typically is most days. She lies to run, so sometimes, getting her in takes 10-15 minutes. Usually, that’s when it is freezing cold and this warm-blooded wimp can get rather antsy during the process.

But…

The mornings are brilliant when the sky is lit up with star after star. And, some days, the only star that shines through is the morning star. I’ve learned to look for that every day immediately when I walk outside. It’s like a smile form my Heavenly Father that says, “good morning.” I’m learning to seek those moments. Looking for Him in the surroundings because He is there and wants me to know it. A twinkle of sunlight. A beam of reflection from the moon. The crisp contrast of a crystal clear blue sky against the snow-covered mountains. A sunrise or sunset that takes my breath away and begs me to soak it in. Those are moments when I have a small idea of just how infinitely big God really is. That in the minute chaos of every day, He’s right there with a touch, a feeling, guidance. I just need to be open to it, see it and follow it.

The time in the mornings with the dogs can feel chaotic and stressed if I let it. If I keep my eyes fixed on them, they ground and the smallness of the task at hand, I can lose sight of the fact that the Maker of the Universe is right there with me. But, if I look up, it all changes. The other morning, I walked out with the dogs, as usual. As they were running and playing and I looked out and saw the morning star. It calmed me as I thought “good morning, Lord.” Just then, I saw a shooting star! How amazing is that? A direct answer and reassurance that yes, I AM is with me – in the small and large stuff of life.


I am constantly amazed at how God meets us right where we are. I just need to keep my eyes fixed on Him and he shows up. He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment