Tuesday, October 19, 2010

“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor...

...He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners…” Isaiah 61:1

What is God working on in you? Several times in the past couple of weeks, I have woken up in the morning with the words to a song titled, “King of Heaven (Isaiah 61)” by the Charlie Hall Band in my head. For me, it paints a tremendous picture of compassion and love flowing freely from God down to us and us back up to our Heavenly Father.

Oh, Oh, King of heaven come down

We’ll sing the gospel to the poor
We’ll go to comfort those who mourn
You’ll put together what’s been torn
King of Heaven

We come together in the wave of God
We stand together in Your great compassion
Pouring out our hearts and lives
Fill us up with an expectation

We’ll sing the news of all Your grace
We’ll help the broken-hearted praise
You’ll put Your glory on display
King of Heaven

You help the broken cities rise
Out of the wreckage You’ll bring life


Such power in those words. There’s grace, comfort, redemption, healing and joy for each of us. Our Bible study group recently began the study, “Breaking Free” by Beth Moore. It is based on the book of Isaiah. We’re only a couple weeks into the study, but oh man. I’m realizing more and more how desperately in need of grace and healing I am.

In a powerful video session, we were challenged to evaluate those areas in our own lives where we need to let go and let God. Let Him heal, let Him change, let Him recover the brokenness of our past mistakes and bind them up to use for His good purpose. As I heard the challenge and the examples that followed, I felt a wave come over me. It’s hard to describe it, but I can say that it left me shaking and full of goose bumps as my heart raced. God was clearly showing me some areas where He knows I need to release my brokenness to Him. Areas that repeatedly break me down because I haven’t allowed Him to take it from me and let healing begin.

I was so moved that I had to pull off the road and cry out in prayer before I could even focus to drive home that night. It is very clear that my tendencies for a harsh tongue, self-defeating attitude and judgment need to be dealt with. There’s no more ignoring it. I’ve vowed to journal specifically about these areas He has pointed out to me. My prayer is that with prayer and application, this study of His Word will continue to transform me from what was into what will be.

So, what is He working on in you? What are the areas of brokenness that need to be bound up and healed in your life? I challenge you to pray for revelation and His healing. He will rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment