Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

For as long as I can remember, I have really disliked talking about death and dying. As a small child, I had a pretty unpleasant experience with it and it took years to get to a point where I could even begin to understand it in a way that I could process without falling completely apart.


When I became a Christian, one of the things that gave me the most comfort was learning what a simple choice it was to ensure you would live with Jesus when you died. Before that, I really had no clue where I would go. I wanted to believe I was going to heaven and I knew that lots of people found comfort in dealing with death by assuring one another that their loved one is in “a better place.” But frankly, back then, I didn’t know that for sure. I kind of prefer sure things.

Recently, I was reading an article and it asked the question, if you died tomorrow, do you know where you’d go. I was happy that I could say “yes.” I am 100% certain that I will be in Heaven when I die. Can you say the same thing? I’m deeply concerned for people who may not have their eternal destination with Jesus. I am especially concerned for even people who think they can “earn” their way into heaven by being a “good enough” person and doing “the right things.” But, the Bible doesn’t say that is the way to Heaven. In fact, it says in Romans 3: 23 that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” The Bible – JESUS - clearly states that “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) It seems pretty clear to me that one is not going to Heaven unless they are right with God and the only way to do that is with Jesus.

Let me beg you that if you haven’t reconciled with Jesus, please pray and do it! He loves you and wants a relationship with you forever. It is as simple as this: confessing to him that you are a sinner in need of a savior; that you believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God who came to Earth to live a perfect life and die the antoning death for your sins – choosing to take your place on the cross for those sins, once and for all; that you invite Him into your heart as the Lord of your life, ask Him to send His Holy Spirit into your heart and begin a relationship with Him by turning from your sins and living by grace in Him.

From there, if you truly commit to Him, begin to spend time with Him and reading the Bible, your life will change and change for the better. I promise. If you are already living with Him, perhaps you know someone who might benefit from hearing this message. Please pass it along – it could mean the difference between life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment