Thursday, July 14, 2011

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2Corinthians 12:9

There is nothing like a field of blooming flowers to capture my attention and take my breath away. When I see all that beauty leaning towards the sun, it paints a vivid picture for me of how I should be leaning in towards the Son.


As the flowers tilt towards their source of sustenance, so should I. Depending on anything else only brings disappointment. If I lean on my own abilities, I’m bound to slip up and feel failure and guilt. If I depend on another person, I’m bound to feel let down and disappointed. If I look towards the government, work, or some other entity, I’m bound to feel disconnected, unappreciated or unheard.

The flowers also remind me that weakness is beauty. When I recognize my own weakness and let go of the need to fix it all, do it all, be it all – I let go and let God. In recognizing my own limitations and pressing in to Him to allow Him to work, His strength is evident. And, isn’t that what it’s all about anyway?

There have been so many times in life when the only way something could be accomplished was if God’s hand was on it. And, when I’ve let it go to Him, I’ve been amazed by the outcomes.

Whatever we are facing, He’s big enough to handle it. Whatever challenges we see over the next horizon, He’s already been there and overcome it. Whatever setbacks that seem to be taking the breath right out of us, He’s already walked through. Letting that truth sink in to my heart builds trust and hope.

Like the flowers in the field, leaning in to God is the way to not only survive, but thrive. By doing this, we will begin to accomplish the work He has set out for us to do, and bring Him glory in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There. I love the last bit you wrote - leaning in to God is the way to not only survive, but thrive. Excellent - we can learn from the sunflower - it always follows the sun, as we should follow the Son!
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning to give up what all I thought I could control and to lean completely on Him.

    ReplyDelete