Saturday, May 2, 2009

And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14 NIV

For the past few years, I’ve been on an amazing journey to discover the grace and mercy of Jesus! It has been fantastic. The past couple of months, however, have hit turbo speed! It all started with a cancer scare, and today I stand amazed and in awe of Him. In January, I found out I needed a biopsy and was potentially facing a cancer diagnosis. Only a few days before, I found out I won tickets to see Chris Tomlin in concert in Denver! I had REALLY wanted to go, but finances are pretty tight these days and I just couldn’t swing it. God had a plan! I was so grateful! Chris is my favorite Christian artist and his music has inspired my journey.

During the show, Chris and Israel Houghton said everyone there had “stuff” on their hearts. They encouraged the audience to leave it there, give it to God and let Him take care of whatever “it” is. Right at that moment, I prayed and asked God to take whatever it was that I was facing and use it for good. It was like a wave came over me. I had to fight back the tears. At the end of the show, Chris Tomlin talked about writing the song “I Will Rise” and then played it. Wow! Wow! Wow! It’s was truly amazing to experience God’s power through worship. That song, and the whole night, ignited a fire in me that rocked me to the core.

That music carried me through the biopsy procedure. From that point on, life has changed. I have a new peace about me and that can only be a gift from God Himself! And now, I just returned from a splendid weekend with my sister at the beach. During that trip, I spent so much time in the presence of God. The beach is where I feel closest to Him and where I truly connect on every level. During a walk early one morning, I was praying and worshiping and just being receptive to everything around me. All of a sudden I heard it – “help me write my story.” WOW! If that’s not clear direction, I don’t know what is!

So, I’ve started this blog to serve Him and be a place to begin to capture the thoughts that have been in my mind for quite some time. I pray that this can become a voice for God so that others may discover the grace and peace of a life centered on Him.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your faith and makes me yearn to be the person I was, that I am, as a Christian. Your writings will be an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete