Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Man, talk about a power verse! I know that a lot of people relate and cling to this particular part of Scripture. It is one of the first versus I memorized because it captures so very much in such a simple, declarative statement.

This was the verse that came to me when Steve, my husband, and I were having a pretty heavy discussion about his future and job prospects. That’s a subject for a whole other entry, but just know that this verse was the one I shared with him after that talk. It was the first verse we’ve ever really discussed in depth.

Now, fast forward a month. I’ve shared the story of my literal walk on the beach with God. As I sat on the “Heaven on Earth” bench on the beach pondering what it is that He has planned for me, the words of this verse took over my mind – “for I know the plans I have for you…” Whoa! That truly made me sit with my mouth hung open. And yes, I heard the emphasis on the I. He was telling me, Patti, don’t worry – I am in control and you are exactly where I want you to be.

And then, there’s the rest of the verse, which just takes it even further. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Seriously, what could be better than that? Nothing, I firmly believe. I don’t have to be concerned, I just have to listen and follow Him and he will guide my steps.

It’s interesting that it was a powerful verse for both Steve and I, and really, for different reasons. I’ve known for a while deep in my heart that God has a path chosen for Steve. I believe it took this verse, and some pretty amazing instances, to open his eyes to see it as well. (Again, the subject of another entry, soon!) And, I think for me, I’ve felt this longing to know Him on a much deeper level, to really experience His power in our lives. This verse has started to do just that for me. So many amazing things have been lining up on the path lately – and they’ve all pointed me to these beautiful, hope-filled, comforting words.

He is simply amazing and I am humbly grateful!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment