Tuesday, August 31, 2010

“The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.” Proverbs 4:18

I need contacts to see distance and glasses to read. A by-product of aging, you might say. There are lots of days, however, when I either forget or do not have enough time to put in my contacts. Life becomes a bit of a challenge when I’m seeing it through the blurred lenses of my aging eyes. The sharpness and clarity of corrected vision are not part of these days and I’m often functioning at a bit of a disadvantage.


Colorado sunrise
This verse in Proverbs really painted a vivid picture for me. As dawn breaks, the light of the sun sharpens the morning sky until the clarity and crispness are nearly too much for the unprotected eye to bear.

The same can be said for the unprotected heart. A heart that is not grounded in relationship with Him cannot survive. Without Jesus as our filter and lens, the ways of this world will cloud vision and force people to function at an eternal disadvantage. I learned this lesson later in life, accepting Jesus at age 35. I tell you, I was living without corrective lenses for far too long. But, he has redeemed me and opened up a world that I never knew existed. Vision, direction and spiritual clarity are mine for the asking, and He freely gives it every time I earnestly seek it. And He can do the same for you. No contacts required.

No comments:

Post a Comment