Saturday, December 5, 2009

“In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works...

...out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.” Ephesians 1:11.

Divine appointments. There’s really no other way to describe it is there? When you can’t explain why you were able to meet that person at that time; or you were assigned to work with that person on this project; or you follow a hunch and go somewhere you hadn’t planned and meet someone who changes you forever. You were supposed to be there. That’s what I call a divine appointment.

Don’t you just marvel at those?! I know I do. God uses people and situations in such amazing ways that you just have to stand there with your mouth open and go “wow!” I have been blessed so many, many times when those appointments show up. Being open to them and realizing what they are have not been easy. My nature is to figure it out for myself and I find myself in that battle all the time. So openness and submission to God’s will do not come easy. And yet, what throws me the most is that when I do open up to it, the results are mind-blowing.

Over the past few days, I’ve had this concept pretty heavy on my heart. Lately, some incredible connections have been made and I’m watching and waiting to see what God has in store with them. Example: I had just finished reading the book, “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan. As I closed the cover, I closed my eyes and prayed. I asked God to open my heart to whatever He has in store and whatever that may be, I prayed that all the glory would go to Him. Within HOURS I “just-so-happened” to be put into contact with several unbelievable women of faith. And, within MINUTES of that meeting, were on fire with ideas and subjects that were on our hearts. We must have talked for an hour and left knowing that God has something in mind for us together. I’ve sat in awe over that situation and it’s challenged me to look for those other divine appointments in life that I may have missed along the way.

In our family alone, we can easily point to numerous occasions where we were at just the right place at just the right time and the results were only possible with God. We are seeing it in my husband’s business every day. In just over six months, there is a solid foundation on which to build a great future. We are humbled and grateful that He would use us for such good work.

As I’ve spent time thinking and praying over these God-driven connections, I’ve found myself in tears, in awe and face down in humble gratitude because He is simply amazing.

1 comment:

  1. >>or you follow a hunch and go somewhere you hadn’t planned and meet someone who changes you forever.<<

    WOW...this has happened to me...very cool to see how it all fits together in God's plan!!

    ReplyDelete