Wednesday, December 9, 2009

“Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.” Psalm 96:9

Have you ever been in a worship experience that moved you so much you trembled? It’s pretty incredible, isn’t it? I can’t say that every time I worship, it’s that way, but there have been some very memorable moments in my life in recent times and this verse has just resonated so much in my heart.

I was sitting here today reading through my daily Bible reading plan. Psalm 96 was part of it. As I read through, these words jumped off the page at me. “Worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness.” Wow. What power in those words.

In true form, God had put this on my heart the past couple days. I’m learning to recognize when God really touches a worship experience and I’m so grateful to say I’ve had the honor of participating in a few lately. When it transcends the room, the people, and even the words – it’s like we’re getting a taste of what Heaven will be like when we’re all worshiping the Throne! If this is only a glimpse of the true picture, and I’m sure it is, can you imagine how incomprehensible Heaven will be?

As I relish Christmas this year, I’m praising God with a new heart. I’ve been a Christian for only a little more than 6 years, but even this year, something is different. God has been right in the middle of everything this year, and it’s been amazing to witness. I know my heart has been opened up so much more this year than ever. And, I can directly tie that back to those incredible worship experiences. Thank you Jesus!

I recently had the opportunity to hear a message from Louie Giglio, founder of the Passion movement. The message was about Christmas and how in Jesus, we have already received the greatest gift we could ever ask. Oh, how right that is! His talk included in interaction with a child where he unwrapped a gift and discussed presents. He finished by opening a gift hidden in the box – his Bible. His point was that Jesus is the greatest gift ever and we have the opportunity to be part of the greatest story ever told. That is what Christmas is all about. Don’t tell them, but Louie’s idea inspired me to give my children their own personal Bibles under the tree this year. They have Bibles, but these will be personalized for them and are written for kids their ages. I know they love Jesus – and I hope receiving a Bible will allow us to begin new traditions together in The Word.

And all of this leads me straight back to worship. Because when I think about that incredible gift,
I can help but lift up a song of praise to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment