Monday, May 17, 2010

“I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.” Psalm 13:6

“Congratulations!! You are fully funded!” Those five words greeted me in an email as I heard from the wonderful staff of Proverbs 31 Ministries sharing the news that I’ll be attending She Speaks, their women’s conference designed for those with a call to do more with either writing or speaking ministries. I tell you, the tears were flowing when I read those words. Friends, my sponsorship is fully paid and I am humbled and in awe. I’m sharing this with you because this blog has been the spark that has started something that God is blowing me away through. People have been touched by these simple messages and have been moved to grow closer to Him.


A couple of months ago, God made it abundantly clear that I was to go to this year’s She Speaks conference. With trepidation and humility, I reached out across the internet, putting my dream in His plenty big hands. There was no way I could pay for the conference and transportation. Sure enough, many friends and family stepped in to help. People from all over this country – people who have touched me deeply through their generosity and kindness, as well as their willingness to be obedient to God’s call on their own hearts to help. Thank you is in no way enough to say. My heart is overflowing with love and joy.

And anticipation! There is something in the plan that requires me to be at this particular conference. Of that I am very sure. I am humbly submitted to whatever that plan is. And if all this weren’t enough, there have been a few divine connections that have come as a result of this, and the conference is still more than two months away! A dear friend shared that she is planning on attending. We haven’t been able to spend time together in years, living over 2000 miles apart and life’s journey taking us down different roads. Sure enough, God is bringing her from Florida and me from Colorado to a conference in North Carolina. And friends that have been made through the ministry of Proverbs 31 will also be there. Friends who prayed for the provision to allow me to attend. There was even a point when I had saved up a contribution of my own, but I felt that God was telling me to give it to a different ministry fundraiser. In obedience, I gave that money to the ministry. Within a week, that exact amount had been sent in by others. Wow.

So I say a heartfelt thank you to anyone who read about this dream and prayed for me; for those who helped and for anyone who has been touched by this blog. Oh yea, and the singing part…these words have been flowing through my mind over and over again. “And if our God is for us, than who could ever stop us, and if our God is for us, than what could stand against?” (Our God by Chris Tomlin)

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Patti. Can't wait to see how God unfolds all of this in your life and how you minister to the world!

    ReplyDelete