Monday, March 14, 2011

“To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue.” Proverbs 16:1

A few weeks ago, I sat with friends talking about the next phase of my life. I’ve known for a while that God is calling me to do more – more with writing and adding speaking to the mix – all for His glory and telling His story. In that conversation, I said I was feeling drawn to attend She Speaks, a women’s conference for those called to various areas of ministry, again. Last year, generous friends and family helped me fund my first trip to this equipping, encouraging conference. That night, I told my friends that although I felt like I was supposed to go again this year, I didn’t have the funds to pay for it. I added that I didn’t think I could ask for help to attend again.


My very wise friend responded with. “I think you’re underestimating God. Do you think that’s too much for Him?” Of course not, but asking for sponsorship two years in a row still seemed like a stretch to me.

Well, I couldn’t deny the call to attend. I registered without any idea of how I would pay the fees. I then posted a blog, once again asking for help, and I prayed. Friends, if it is God’s will, God will provide a way.

In 24 hours, I got an email from the conference, telling me my first donation had already come in! Forty-eight hours later, it was finished. Complete. Fully funded! In THREE days donations completely covered my conference expenses. For three straight days, I got emails from the conference. Every one made me burst into tears of joy. I haven’t cried like that in ages.

I am humbled, honored and grateful for those who helped sponsor me for this year. And, I am on my knees praising the God who made it happen. If I had any doubts about what it is I am supposed to do in this life, they are gone. His powerful statement came with a mighty big exclamation point.

This verse is a representation of the partnership between God and man. Ultimately, the outcome is up to Him, but we have a role in it as well. By submitting to His will, our plans are His plans. The actions we take are faith steps that draw us closer to Him.

What is the lesson? I’ve been wrestling for too long over my calling. Recently, I committed to submitting to His will for my life on a daily basis. When I started doing that, I found myself right in the center lane of the highway He has paved for me. I needed to trust, and need to continue to trust daily, that His plans are true and good. When faced with the inevitable challenges of life, I have to lean on what I know is true. His plan is perfect.

With my sincerest gratitude, I thank you – for supporting this blog, for encouraging me and for applying His word in your life.

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congrats! God-willing, hopefully I'll come up with the funds for She Speaks too and we'll be able to meet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I sure hope you can come, too! I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO, God! SO thrilled for you, Patti! Can hardly wait to meet you and hug your neck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting for you! God is faithful!!!! I love when He blows us away!!! I will have to look for you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments! Julie, I am so excited to see you again - I was in the writer's critique group last year. This year is going to be incredible, too! Kimberly, yes, let's try to meet up. I'm just amazed. =)

    ReplyDelete